Hello my fellow food-lovers! Here are some of my best fixes for high volume, low calorie, best bang for your buck foods. So, enjoy a big bowl of some of the following during the Superbowl game almost guilt-free!
- Tofu Shirataki/Pasta Slim Noodles
- Spaghetti Squash
- Any vegetable, ie: sugar snap peas, mixed greens, spinach, mini carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers
- Akmak Crackers
- Roasted Seaweed Bags
- Fat free Fudgecicles
- Mashed Fo-tatoes made with cauliflower
- Egg whites/beaters
- Fruit Salad with unsweetened cocoa powder
- Home-made minestrone soups, or boxed low sodium soups
- Mussels, shrimp, crab, clams
- Corn tortillas
- Orowheat/Arnolds Sandwich Thins or Fillems
- Air-popped Popcorn
- Pico de Gallo, Hot Sauce, Balsamic Vinegars, Mustard, Tzatziki, Herbs and Spices, Minced garlic, Onions, Horseradish, Extracts (vanilla, almond, peppermint)
- Chop up your food into smaller pieces and immediately have more volume – think a salad of a few romaine leaves versus a chopped romaine bowl. Which one looks more satisfying?
- If you are aware that you fall into the ‘more bang for your buck’ volume eater group like myself – do not supplement bars or smoothies for meals! You need to be both physically AND mentally satisfied by your meal. A smoothie will not satisfy you the same way mentally as a big bowl of fruit and yogurt, thus leaving you unsatisfied and more prone to eat more food right after even if the smoothie you just consumed was 600 calories!