Lamb Kebabs Recipe
– 2/3 cup fat-free sugar-free plain yogurt
– 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
– 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sumac
– 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 pound trimmed top round lamb, cut into
– 16 large cubes (about 2” x 2” each)
– 20 cherry tomatoes
– 20 sweet onion squares, about 1 1/2”
In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, 2 tablespoons garlic, the vinegar, 1 tablespoon sumac, 1 teaspoon of the oil, and the salt until well combined. Add the lamb to a large resealable freezer bag. Pour the marinade over the meat. Marinate for 24 hours.
Soak 4 (at least 12”) wooden skewers in water for at least 30
30 minutes (or have metal skewers ready). Preheat a grill to high.
Add the tomatoes, onion, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic, and 1 teaspoon sumac to a medium mixing bowl. Toss until combined.
Onto one skewer, thread a tomato, a piece of onion, and a piece of lamb, then tomato, onion, lamb, tomato, onion, lamb, tomato, onion, lamb, tomato, onion. Repeat with the remaining skewers, veggies, and lamb until you have 4 kebabs. Grill for 45 seconds to 1 minute and 15 seconds per side for medium rare. Serve immediately, or keep warm until serving.
Nutrient Info per serving: (Serves 4) 222 Calories, 27g Protein, 10g Carbohydrate (5g sugar), 9g Fat (3g saturated), 71mg Cholesterol, 2g Fiber, 492g Sodium.