Mexican Turkey Burgers Recipe
– 1 (20 ounce) package extra-lean ground turkey breast
– 1/4 chopped cilantro
– 1/4 cup diced red onion
– 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
– 1/3 cup diced fresh mushrooms
– 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning for fajita seasoning
– 1/4 cup low-fat Mexican-blend cheese
– 1 teaspoon minced garlic
– 6 whole grain buns or Arnold Sandwich Thins
– 6 tablespoons salsa
– 1 1/2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
– 6 tablespoons fat-free Greek-style yogurt
In a large mixing bowl, combine the turkey, cilantro, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, seasoning, cheese, and garlic. There will be about 24 ounces (1 1/2 pounds) of mixture, or 4 cups. Divide into 6 (4-ounce) patties.
Grill the burgers for 3 minutes on each side, or until the inside is no longer pink. Serve on whole grain buns or Sandwich Thins topped with salsa, avocado, and yogurt (instead of sour cream).
Nutrient Info per serving (Burger only): (Serves 6) 120 Calories, 23g Protein, 1g Carbohydrate (0g sugars), 2g Fat (1g saturated), 40mg Cholesterol, 0g Fiber, 30mg Sodium.