The Power of Plants
A significant convergence of evidence suggests that plant based diets can prevent a host of health conditions including heart disease, obesity and dementia. A complete move to a plant based diet could be a step too far and probably not very convenient for most people’s busy lifestyles. However, consuming more plant based foods – fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seeds and legumes can help slow or prevent various processes of disease that begin long before diagnosis.
Modern diets generally a lack fiber due to the ease and availability of more convenient options, fiber as part of a healthy balanced diet is extremely important. It can help prevent heart disease, diabetes, weight gain and some cancers, and can also improve digestive health.
Check Out Our Podcast
Guests attending The Biggest Loser Resort will enjoy a specifically designed food plan to get healthy and achieve weight loss. The food guests consume contain all of the essential nutrients needed to support the physical activity carried out during the program.
Listen to this short podcast with Derek Johnson, Executive Nutrition Director at The Biggest Loser Resort who talks about the benefits of increasing the consumption of plant based foods. Interestingly, Derek provides some great simple tips on how to easily introduce plant based foods in your busy lives.
Everyone knows that eating healthy can help you feel better and
maintain a healthy weight. Changing diet can be a tall order for anyone so watch this podcast for some expert help.
Examples of Plant Based Foods:
- Fruit: Mangoes, bananas, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, oranges, cherries, pineapple, kiwi, etc.
- Vegetables: Kale, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, cassava, brussel sprouts, mushrooms, etc.
- Whole Grains: Quinoa, brown & wild rice, whole wheat couscous, buckwheat, barley, rye, oats, etc.
- Legumes: Kidney beans, chickpeas, hummus, lentils, pinto beans, black beans, edamame, tofu, tempeh, etc.
- Nuts & Seeds: Cashews, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, etc