Quinoa Risotto Recipe
– 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
– 2 teaspoons shallots, chopped
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1 cup quinoa, rinsed with colder water
– 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, organic
– 2 teaspoons lemon juice
– 1 cup leeks, julienne cut
– 1 cup carrots, julienne cut
– 1 cup button mushrooms, thinly sliced
– 1 1/2 ounces Parmesan cheese
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– Italian parsley, for garnish
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil, shallots and garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until the garlic is fragrant but not browned.
Add the quinoa and cook another minute, stirring once or twice. Stir in the broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil, then reduce to a slow simmer. Add the julienned vegetables and cook 10 to 12 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Mix in Parmesan and salt. Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
Nutrient Info per serving: (Serves 6: Serving size 1/2 cup) 178 Calories, 5g Fat, 23g Carbohydrate, 7g Protein, 2g Fiber, 409mg Sodium.